Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Monday, January 29, 2007
An old picture of me and my sister
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Friday, January 26, 2007
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Friday, January 19, 2007
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Message and the Tweedy Show
For Tom: Ten Things about the Tweedy Show
1. Kotche played with all sorts of handmade kit accessories making many of the sounds that back recent Wilco records.
2. He used a bunch of boxes of crickets to back one song. No, they weren't real crickets. I checked.
3. Tweedy opened the show by telling a story about his son who had been inspired to take a picture of his own shit.
4. He had a debate with himself, aloud, on whether he was talking too much. It was charming.
5. He was charming the entire evening, even when talking about shit. I didn't mind the talking, 'cause it made the show personal and he did play enough songs, after all. And he brought Glenn.
6. Tweedy looked great, which was super nice to see.
7. He had 6 guitars behind him. I don't think he used all of them.
8. I couldn't remember any of the titles of the songs I wanted him to play.
9. He played Heavy Metal Drummer, without me asking, and that made me want to rush the stage--even if it was only 5 feet in front of me.
10. He taught us a game--goes something like this: Yell out band names that can conjure up the image of various types of bowel movements.
11. My favorite: Golden Smog. Close second: Nuclear Cafe.